The art poster contest is closed & we have a winner.
2017 Wine and Food Festival Art Poster Contest Official Rules
HOW TO ENTER:
COMPLETE THE ART POSTER CONTEST- ENTRY FORM
There is no purchase or payment necessary to enter or win the poster contest. Digital images of all artwork may be submitted via e-mail to Lesley Hoops at email@example.com . The images must be accompanied with a completed contest entry form. If you are submitting multiple entries, a separate form must be submitted for each piece. Be sure to indicate clearly which form belongs with which image. Entries must be received by Thursday, April 27, 2017 at 12 midnight MST.
Anyone is allowed to enter. There are no restrictions as to the location of the artist, the age of the artist or the medium the artist chooses. The subject is: The 2016 Montrose Wine Festival and the art is open to interpretation. There are no guidelines other than any entry with publicly questionable content will not be considered and art containing recognizable people must be accompanied by a signed model release form.
All art forms are acceptable (Photography, Oils, Watercolor, etc.) but must be submitted in digital format via e-mail to ensure the artist retains possession of the original until the winner has been determined. When the winner has been announced, the winning artist must forfeit the original artwork to the Wine Festival Board so that it may be auctioned for the benefit of the Black Canyon Boys & Girls Club.
Number of Entries
An individual may submit up to 5 entries as long as each entry is created in a different medium.
Entries must be submitted by the original artist. You must be the sole owner of the art piece or image you submit and the submission of the art piece and the entry form is your guarantee that you are the author and copyright holder of the art.
Entries will be judged on the basis of creativity, quality and effectiveness in conveying the beauty and/or unique character of the Montrose Wine Festival. A Wine Festival panel will judge the entries and all contest decisions are final. Entries that fail to comply with the Contest Rules will be disqualified.
Judges will select a first and possibly second place, depending on the number of entries. In addition, one or more honorable mention winners may be selected. Winners will be notified approximately 1-2 weeks after the contest deadline by phone and/or e-mail using the information on the entry form. Once the notification to the winner has been made, the winning original art piece must be submitted to the Wine Festival Board which will finalize and confirm the Montrose Wine Festival Art poster winner.
- THE WINNER a will get two tickets to the Saturday event.
- The winner will receive $100 cash prize.
- The artist will be able to have a link on our web site to their site, the winning poster will be posted on our web site for the year.
- The poster will be used in all of our thank you notes to all of our sponsors, distributors, restaurants etc. and the poster will be made into a banner to be used at next year’s event.
- The winning entries Original Piece will be auctioned off and copies made for the artist to sign and sell at a minimum price with all proceeds going to Black Canyon Boys & Girls Club.
Submitting Digital Images
Images should be submitted via e-mail to Lesley Hoops at firstname.lastname@example.org or snail mail to BCBGC at PO Box 1907, Montrose, CO, 81402. Images will not be returned. If you need assistance in submitting your images, please contact Lesley.
Return of art
Since all entries will be received digitally (a replica of the original) there is nothing to return. The Wine Festival board will require only the original of the winning submission.
Artists retain the copyright of their artwork. By entering the contest, artists agree to have their submitted images displayed on the Wine Festival Board website. The winning piece will be subject to the following use:
- Giclée print, framed with event branding and artist signature to be presented to premier event sponsors. The quantity of these prints will not be knows but is subject to only the 2017 event timeframe.
- A 42″ x 62″ event banner to be added to the Montrose Wine & Food Festival’s collection and displayed each year in concession with previous winning pieces.
- 11″ x 14″ printed posters for sale subject to only the 2017 event timeframe.
- 4″ x 6″ printed thank you notes to all event vendors, sponsors and volunteers.
- Displayed digitally on montrosewinefestival.com with active link to artists website when applicable.
Additional Terms and Conditions
By participating in the contest, you agree to release and hold harmless any affiliate of the Montrose Wine Festival board, affiliates, agents and advertising and promotional agencies from any and all damages, injuries, claims, causes of actions, or losses of any kind resulting from your participation in this contest, including infringement of intellectual property rights. The Montrose Wine Festival Board, affiliates, agents, and advertising and promotional agencies assume no responsibility or liability for any damages, injuries, claims, causes of actions, or losses of any kind arising in whole or in part from this contest.